Sunday, December 07, 2008

Post Secret: Donor Conceived Post Card


Anyone who has ever visited the Post Secret website knows how raw the emotions are regarding the post card submissions posted on this site. The above card re donor conception is no exception. I have not yet foudn the URL to its posting directly on the Post Secret website itself.

Also as enlightening is the post published on Lindsay's blog Confessions of a Cryokid. I have been reading Lindsay's blog for some time and for some reason only tonight got around to linking to it in my right hand side bar.

Lindsay also links to the Post Secret Forum discussion thread in response to the above Post Secret post card. It is also worth checking out.

I am hoping my kids never feel this level of pain to feel submitting a card like this is necessary but I thankful for this individual that they did something as evidently they feel a fair amount of pain.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Yes, I did see that on the PostSecret website, and it just made my heart sink. I hope it made the person feel a little bit better.

Unknown said...

*sigh* Am I sick that I'm glad I wasn't an unwanted accident that was cast away until another couple came along and decided to pick up the first deficient couple's slack? I only ask because, you know, one could see that as being the reality of adopted children.

Crap, I'm glad I was thought out in advance. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that I'm glad I was sold and bought instead of winding up on a wad of kleenex in the trashcan.

Oh well, I guess I just enjoy being me too much.

Unknown said...

PS. I checked the Post Secret site's forum and it turns out that the sender of that note actually stepped into the forum and explained their reason for saying that. It made a lot more sense after they clarified.

I can actually understand a bit now. It's a surprisingly civil discussion.

DI_Dad said...

I need to go back then as I missed that the sender of the card contributed to the discussion.